Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Life As A Carnivore in A Carb-y World

I think I have turned around my hypothyroidism. I am maintaining at the normal weight, and I am eating my normal calories again. My skin is no longer dry. And my menses seems to have normalized as well. So that is all really good. My morning body temperature is still running low, but I think that is normal for carnivores. I have started using salt again too, that along with making sure to eat at least 50/50 fat/carb calories ratio, I think has made the difference.

I was thinking about how difficult it is to live as a carnivore in a carb-y world. Most social events are centered around eating carbs. So it makes it really hard to socialize. Unless you just sit there and watch other people stuff their faces with carbs. Which after three and a half years, has lost its luster.

In other news, I have been trying to find some good shoes that are all natural. Leather with leather soles. No foam or plastic. It's harder than you think. Even moccasins, which would from appearance be all leather, usually have a foam insert. I have found some Italian dress shoes which are all leather with leather soles. Maybe it seems silly, but I can tell the difference in breathability. The foam insert makes it less breathable.

I have been switching my clothing over to all natural fiber clothing. Mostly I am trying to use silk and Merino wool. They both are very breathable. Cotton a little less so. Plus cotton is destructive to the environment because it must be plowed under every year.

I've been thinking about my dream of having a self-sufficient homestead. I'm trying to work out how best to stay warm in very cold weather. In some of the properties I have been looking, there just isn't enough firewood to be had. So that's a conundrum. The only realistic answer seems to be propane. Which can run a little heater, a freezer, a stove, and even a generator if I wanted to keep a phone charged.
Possibly solar, if a small space heater or radiant floor heat can suffice for a really small space.

Also I was thinking about socializing in general. I already feel pretty isolated because of my diet. I'm wondering if I lived way out in the middle of nowhere, if that would be even worse. Or maybe I could have donkeys and sheep for company!

I wanted to mention I was able to pick up some burnt skin goat cubes at my local halal market. I roasted them in my little slow cooker this afternoon. They were so amazing! The taste was out of this world! Since goat is rather lean, I also quickly fried some quail egg yolks in lamb fat as a side. Mind blown! 

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts