Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Variety, More on Radical Simplicity

I have really been craving variety lately. I have been enjoying fresh quail eggs from the Asian grocery store fried in a little lamb fat. I also picked up some whole quail and roasted them in my tiny slow cooker. There is a lot of tiny bones in them. I wouldn't get them again. Plus they are fed grain, which is so destructive to the environment.
I was trying to see if anyone grows grains with no-till process, so it wouldn't be so destructive to the environment. But it seems that even "no-till" can be destructive too, using chemicals to get rid of the previous season's unused matter. So grains and most vegetables and fruits, except tree-grown ones, are really just bad for the environment overall. And so pork and poultry and any other grain-fed meat is then also destructive to the environment.
As I have been researching radical simplicity, meaning living free of petroleum and electricity, it is pretty shocking how much of modern life relies on petroleum. We heat our homes with it, run our water heaters, package all of our items in it, make most items and clothing from it, transport ourselves with it. Even the Amish use propane, which is a petroleum product. It has really become an addiction everywhere. My eyes have been opened!
I was looking at alternate ways to run my little sheep ranch that I am planning. Apparently many cultures have used dried sheep dung for fuel, including the Mongols and the Native Americans of the Southwest, in places without many trees. That seems sensible. Once dried, it doesn't smell, so I've read.
I can shear the sheep and spin and weave the wool for clothes. I do have some experience with that, and a tabletop frame loom.
Without refrigeration (which relies on electricity or petroleum), I would have to store the meat by making pemmican or jerky, or smoking it.
So much to re-learn!
##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts