Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Blood Glucose Levels

The more study and research that I do, the more I think that a large portion of maintaining health has to do with keeping steady and low blood glucose levels.

I take my blood glucose measurements fairly often, every few days. I measure fasting in the morning, and sometimes postprandial, two hours after dinner or so.

It is interesting that when on zero carb keto, my glucose levels never change! They are always around 70mg/dl (4mmol/l), no matter if I have eaten or not, anytime during the day! Same for my blood ketones as well, they stay pretty much the same no matter what time of day, always around 1.9mmol/l.

I think that is probably why I do not really get hungry at all, even with 20% calorie restriction, and why I feel so level-headed all the time.

There are commercials for Snickers that talk about "not being yourself" because you are so hungry. I remember those days when I was a carb eater. And it is not a good feeling! You can really become irritable and illogical.

I really much prefer the feeling of zero carb keto. It is akin to still waters.

Also, it is easy to turn down foods. For example, when one is a carb eater, it is very hard to turn down carbs when offered! But when on zero carb keto, there is just no desire for it. I know it would only make me feel lousy!

Plus, now we know that carbs and sugar feed cancer. Glucose just causes cells to go crazy and grow, grow, grow, and not ever stop and recycle with autophagy like they should. So "cancer" is just a strange term (the root of the word is "crab") for out-of-control growth. Tumors are really just "growths."

So when I see a plate full of carbs or sugar, I now equate that with cancer. They are carcinogens, plain and simple.

Too much protein functions in the same way as well, because our body will convert extra protein to glucose via neoglucogenesis. So it is important to not eat too much protein either!

But good, healthy grassfed red meat animal fats are an excellent source of solid fuel for the body all day. They keep the energy level steady even in times of fasting.

So to me, it is so worthwhile to seek out good grassfed animal fat. Even if it is hard to find and costs more than other options, it is just such a better fuel!

Grassfed lamb steak with sea salt




Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts