Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Me Versus Carb Me

I was thinking about how much zero carb keto has changed me.

For most of my life, I was a carb-eater. It was very much like constantly riding a roller coaster!

I grew up in an Italian-American household. So not just carbs, but MANY carbs. I had the sugar highs when eating all of those hyper-palatable carbohydrate foods like pastas, breads, and pastries.

Then I would have the sugar crash a few hours later, and sometimes even actually fall asleep after eating!

Similarly, my moods would rise and fall greatly. I would be so happy and silly one moment, then bursting into tears the next, along with irritability and anger at other times.

Menses was always very heavy, painful, lasted a long time, and I even had mittleschmertz too, which was mid-cycle, and was also very painful, difficult, and even had menstrual spotting as well during that time too.

I also had almost constant gut issues, foot and calf cramps, and acne, and often headaches. I would get the "common cold" (upper respiratory virus) every year, if not twice a year.

The zero carb keto me is an entirely different person. Almost unrecognizable!

On zero carb keto, I have constant, low glucose levels all day long. Which means my energy levels stay at the same moderate level all day long too. No spikes or crashes.

My mood stays consistent now too. Problems that would have previously caused me to get very upset, are now just minor annoyances.

Menses is very light, with no pain at all, and no mittleschmertz.

I have no gut issues or muscle cramps or acne or headaches anymore. I also seem to no get the "common cold" anymore either.

Then there is the difference in bodyfat! I am much, much lower in bodyfat now. I used to be around 20% bodyfat. Now I am just 14%. That is a big difference, especially considering I am quite a bit older now and we tend to get higher bodyfat as we age!

I find it really amazing how a change of food intake can make such a difference in a person!

Grassfed lamb roast with sea salt








Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts