Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto and Air Travel

I will be doing some air travel, which normally I avoid. I hate the whole process from lines at the airport to being crammed into too close quarters with too many people, many of whom are sneezing and coughing. And trying to find suitable food to eat at the airport is usually impossible as well.

I started to think of some food that I could pack with me. I had made some jerky the other day with veal heart. It came out wonderfully! So I will get some more heart and do that. That works for a protein source. But what about a good fat for travel?

I have some marrow bones, but I do not think the marrow would travel well. It might, but I am just not sure.

I think I will resort to dairy for a few days, and make homemade clotted cream. That will be shelf stable and will pack easily.

Interestingly, I was looking back at my blood tests, and my triglycerides, HDL, and ketones were the best when I was eating my homemade clotted cream. I am surprised, because it seemed to aggravate my keratosis pilaris (bumpy skin), and cause some weight gain and a little gut issues too. So I figured that it was inflammatory. But maybe not!

At any rate, jerky and clotted cream should work well for travel food!

Grassfed lamb chop with sea salt


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts