Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Cumulative Effects

Sometimes I forget how much the effects of everything we do can be cumulative. For good or for bad!

For example, when I ran out of lamb to eat, and I could not find fatty cuts, I thought I would try veal. Unfortunately, veal was far too lean! But I had purchased a bulk amount of it for a discount, so there was quite a large amount of it!

I tried just eating it with the cooking juices for extra fat, but that was far too lean.

I ordered some marrow bones and that helped a bit, but then I ran out of those as well.

So then I tried eating coconut cream (with no added gums) as a fat on the side. It seemed like it was going to be OK for my gut. But unfortunately the effects were cumulative.

Finally I realized that the coconut was affecting me after all. The scale showed a very slight increase in weight and bodyfat, despite eating the same reduced calorie intake (I practice about 20% calorie restriction from "baseline" according to calorie restriction calculators). This was one clue that something was not quite right.

Then I noticed the keratosis pilaris (bumpy skin) on my legs was a bit aggravated as well. And my abdomen between my pelvic bones was a little distended. My bowel movements were becoming more difficult. And then I noticed a small, red, flaky patch on my eyelid!

That was a realization for me. I was eating too lean and the coconut cream was just not working for me. So I ordered more marrow bones last week, and yesterday I was able to pick up another whole lamb share. Now I can get proper amounts of fat!

So hopefully it will not be too long before I get back to normal. It was a good lesson to learn. There is just no substitute for good red meat animal fat!

Grassfed beef brisket with sea salt




Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts