Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Gut Health; Carnivore Diet for Cat

My gut is so sensitive, and has been my whole life. I had genetic testing done and it seems to be Crohn's disease. But I guess it really doesn't matter whether they call it IBD, IBS, colitis, Crohn's disease, or whatever. The main thing is that I have an incredibly sensitive gut, and if I eat the wrong thing, I will feel the repercussions for about three to four days afterward.

I have had this problem my whole life. I remember as a child, really suffering a lot with horrible gut bloating, and trying to punch it down with my fist! I would try doing stretches and exercise in the hope that would help. But nothing ever worked. It just took three to four days to recover.

The main symptoms would be lower gut pain and visible bloating, and a feeling of having to do a bowel movement but not being able to do it. I would spend so much time in the bathroom, feeling like I needed to have a bowel movement, and nothing would happen. Or I would strain and strain and have hardly anything.

There would also be terrible depression along with it, again for three to four days. I would cry. I would feel awful about myself. In addition, I suffered from scarring cystic acne, keratosis pilaris (bumpy skin), terrible menstrual pain, mood swings, foot cramping in the night, etc.

I tried everything for it over the course of my life. I tried fiber, probiotics, prebiotics, enzymes, vegetarianism, veganism, Paleo, low-FODMAPS, no gluten, no dairy, HFI diet, everything you can think of, I tried it.

Finally about ten years ago, I found out about the carnivore diet and tried that. It worked within days! But I went off and on from it, until about three years ago, when I decided to just strictly follow it.

After about a year or two into it, I discovered that my gut health was even better by leaving out pork, poultry, eggs, and all dairy. Just plain, unseasoned 100% grassfed red meats (lamb/mutton and beef), their offal, and wild-caught fish. No added fats whatsoever except for 100% grassfed beef marrow fat. No seasonings. Nothing to drink but water. I have even stopped using any added salt, as it started to cause diarrhea.

It is amazing when I think about the difference in my life. When I follow this very strict red meat/fish carnivore diet, I feel 100% great! All of the horrible symptoms including gut pain, bloating, depression, skin problems, menstrual pain, all of that is gone.

Also when I follow about 20% calorie restriction from baseline calories for my weight, age, and activity level, eating very small portions three times a day, that seems to help as well. Just less in the gut overall!

Even though this has made it very difficult to socialize, it is absolutely worth it to me to stay this strict with it, so that I can feel 100% well. I don't think anyone around me wants to see me suffer! So I have just had to come to terms with it. This is what it takes for me to be healthy.

The best part of it is that I truly am healthier than I have ever been. All of my health parameters including blood tests, teeth, gums, skin, hair, vascular and heart tests, all of it is better than it has ever been. I recently had telomere testing and it showed that while I am 47 years old, I have the DNA of a 33-year-old! I take zero medications or supplements. So this definitely is what works for me!

And maybe someday I will meet more friends who are also following a carnivore diet, so I can have more socializing!

Just wanted to add, my cat has continued to benefit from his new carnivore diet as well! Lost his paunch, glossier coat, better stools, more energy, seems happier, and has a lot less vomiting now too! I've been giving him Tiki brand "After Dark" series wet food. It is more expensive than the grain-free dry food, but this seems so much healthier. It is just shredded chicken breast, chicken heart, liver, gizzard, quail egg, chicken cooking juices, tuna oil, and added vitamins and minerals. I'm hoping it will save me on vet bills later!

##


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts