Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Seafood Based Carnivore Diet!

I am transitioning to a seafood-based carnivore diet because I feel so great and light when I eat seafood!

I'm eating seafood for lunch and dinner, and going to eat through the last of my lamb roasts for lunches. It will take a few months to get through the rest of my lamb. Then I am thinking I will pick up dried fish to eat for my lunch at work, since dried fish won't create fish smell in the office.

I have been enjoying mussels, squid, mackerel, sanma, a seafood mix of cuttlefish, octopus, squid, scallops, and shrimp, prawns, and dried anchovies.

Yesterday I tried what I think was golden pompano. It was good, but it was kind of expensive at $4.50 for just one meal. So I won't get that one again. Today at dinner I will try what I think is skate wing!

I picked all of these up at the local Asian market. I tried asking about some of the unlabeled fish but they couldn't help me, so I thought I'd just give them a try!

I contacted the Filipino grocery vendor online and asked if their dried fish contains any spices or additives. If it is just fish and salt, I will get some to experiment using for lunches!

I also have cans of Icelandic cod liver in its own oil. That is really great too, mild and creamy, and very satisfying!

I am excited about switching to a pescetarian carnivore diet! My digestion really likes seafood!

I think next time I go to the Asian market, I might try belt fish and scad! I saw them there, but I can't remember if they were wild caught. I want to focus on wild caught seafoods! I don't like what they feed to farmed and all the harmful chemicals used.

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts