Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Fasting, No Hunger! Also, raw or dehydrated meat?

I noticed lately that when I am fasting between meals, I have no hunger at all. It isn't until I eat, that the hunger kicks in. Very interesting! I always wondered how people could fast all day, or multiple days, but now I can see how. It seems that the hunger actually goes away! And then only returns when you have food again.

It seems like a paradox, but I guess it makes evolutionary sense. If you are without food for long amounts of time, it isn't productive to keep you hungry the whole time. Only when food is available, then the hunger response would activate to make sure you eat enough.

I don't try to do long fasts. I find that my digestion handles three very small meals throughout the day best. I eat around 5am, then around 10am, then not again until around 6pm. So I'm fasting for 11 hours at night, and 8 hours during the day.

I like the idea of doing longer fasts, but then when I do re-feed, I eat a really big meal. My digestion doesn't seem to do as well with that. But that was back when I was eating salt. Maybe sometime I should try again without salt?

Also, I am thinking about re-trying raw meat. I have been asked a lot about it. I think if I sliced it really thin with my jerky slicing knife, that could maybe make it more digestible. Alternatively, I could just dehydrate it, instead of cooking? That's a thought. I do really love my simple, unseasoned, dehydrated heart jerky!

That would work great if I ever had my dream homestead of tons of acreage out in the sunny west, with bighorn sheep. I was hoping to not have to find and chop wood for heat, and instead use solar panels connected to radiant floor heating, along with passive solar construction. If I could dehydrate my meat in the sun, then I wouldn't need to worry about wood for cooking either, or a cold cellar to store my meat! i could just hang it up to keep it dry!

maybe i'll start trying dehydrating more often instead of cooking all my meats.

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts