Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: My Fish Haul!

I really want to start eating mostly fish. I just feel like it sits so well with me. I feel great and light when i eat seafood!

So I went to the Asian grocer store yesterday. They have the widest variety of seafood in town! Unfortunately, a lot of it is not marked at all. I was planning on asking for help. But the clerks could not help me. So I just took a chance and bought some things just because they looked interesting! I got some of what I thought were prawns, but they might be just jumbo shrimp. I steamed some for dinner yesterday, and they were delicious! And since they are lean, I had a little beef marrow fat on the side.

I also picked up some kind of very flat fish. I think it might be skate wings.And a round-ish golden fish, I think it might be golden pompano.

In addition to the mystery seafood, I also picked up the prawns or shrimp (how do you tell between the two?), two four-packs of sanma, two packs of dried anchovies, and squid. All of that for just $35! The Asian grocery store certainly cannot be beat for price for seafood!

There is also a much larger Asian grocery store in the big city, about an hour away. They even have huge tanks of live fish too. And again, the prices are really, really good. So maybe sometime I should see if a friend might want to take a trip there!

I still have some lamb left as well, including many small roasts, one more rack of ribs, some packs of nice fatty cubes, and a few packs of organ meats left. Probably enough for quite a few months if I continue to eat a lot of fish! I also have a little bit of beef: a tongue and one small block of brisket. But beef just feels so heavy to my digestion after eating lamb or seafood all the time! So I might just leave the beef for "emergency" food.

Last night I made some of my favorite snack, lambheart jerky, overnight. Mmm mmm! I have a few more hearts left to make it one last time!

I saw some dried pollock fish there at the Asian grocery store. That might be a nice type of jerky to eat when I run out of my lambheart jerky, maybe?

I wonder if I will still want to get the beef marrow bones online, to have as a side fat for the leaner seafood. It would be great to be able to just get everything in one place though! I wonder if I could do without it, if I eat a fatty fish like snama or mackerel for the main meal of the day? Or just use the cod liver oil that my cans of cod liver are packed in.

We'll see. I want to try on experimenting with a fully seafood diet once I run out of my lamb, which should be in a month or two!

I was even thinking, instead of my sheep raising homestead dream, maybe I could live off of fishing? If I lived somewhere there is a lot of seafood, like South Carolina or Louisiana?

##







Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts