Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Getting the Carnivore Word Out

I watched part of a YouTube movie called "Carb-Loaded: A Culture Dying to Eat" but I turned it off about halfway through, out of frustration.

It started off with the typical explanation of the Ancel Keys Seven Country Study fallacies, and then how McGovern pushed the "food pyramid" which has over time created a real problem with diabetes, obesity, cancer, Alzheimer's, etc. That all is old hat, but fine.

But then I started to have some disagreement with it. It railed about "fast food". I have no problem with fast food. You can buy plain ground beef patties at most burger places, or just plain roast beef at Arby's, and just ask for no bun, toppings. Works fine. That's perfectly healthy when on the road and needing some meat. It's not grassfed, but still, it is a far better choice than anything else out there. So there is nothing inherently wrong with fast food, in my opinion.

Then they railed on "food deserts" and the need for "fruits and vegetables" and that's when I really got turned off. If one lives in a food desert, one can order meat online. I have done it many, many times.

And as for "fruits and vegetables", well, those are carbs too. They aren't the good guys everyone makes them out to be. They aren't doing anyone any favors health-wise at all. Plants contain fructose, fructans, oxalates, alkaloids, glucosides, lectins, saponins, phytic acid, terpenoids, phenolics, tannins, amylase inhibitors, sulforaphane, not to mention fiber, none of which are healthy for the human body and gut.

Yes, I said it, fiber is not good for you. If you need to have reading material next to your toilet, something is very wrong with your digestion!

So I feel like the carnivore word still needs to get out there. There is still so much erroneous information being pushed onto people about plant matter.

In other news, I had mentioned making rillettes with my lamb roasts. I am going to try again by adding some reserved fat from cooking lamb ribs, instead of also having to add the reserved roast juices. Fat will be better than juices. So we'll see how that works!

Also, I have tried drinking bone broth before, and it bothered my gut. But I wonder if that was because of salt, which I have since quit using. Today I tried again drinking the reserved juice from cooking lamb ribs with no salt added. So far so good!

I like the idea of using all the juices and fats from cooking my roasts and ribs. Previously I had been throwing them out! So if this works, that is much better!

I have been feeling really great lately! I am eating just 100% grassfed lamb, beef, their offal and marrow fat, and wild caught fatty fish like mackerel, sanma, and cod liver, and shellfish. I am no longer eating eggs, poultry, pork, dairy, or salt. I just drink water, or hot water. Nothing else, no supplements, nothing. Feeling so good! And I feel like the grassfed beef marrow fat is really wonderful stuff!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts