Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Health Checks

When I first started keto carnivory, I put it on myself to diligently check my blood ketones, blood glucose, cholesterol levels, blood pressure, etc. Yearly I would get CT scan or cardiovascular ultrasound. I got full blood counts and tests for osteocalcin (bone turnover), CRP, A1C, hormone levels, telomere testing, DNA testing, etc. I paid for these out of pocket too!

But now I am finishing up my third year on strict carnivore, and I've learned from all these tests that my health is much better than it ever was before! And so I've decided I don't need to constantly check all that. 

I still do check my weight and bodyfat regularly, and occasional blood pressure checks, but that's about it, and really even those don't seem to be necessary. Especially since I narrowed it down to just grassfed ruminant meats and their offal, wild-caught fish, and just water to drink, I really don't think there's any need to do any tests at all. Leaving out eggs, dairy (including butter), poultry, pork has been really helpful to my health. And not using any seasonings or even salt!

I don't take any medications or supplements. I get dental cleanings and exams every six months, but otherwise I do not see a doctor. And I only use baking soda to clean my teeth, I do not use sugary toothpastes.

It is nice to finally feel so well! After such a lifetime of gut problems, it is really wonderful. And to have such health overall is even better still!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts