Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Doing Seafood Based Carnivore Diet

This week I have been trying to eat a seafood-based carnivore diet. One thing that I've noticed is that when I eat lean fish, I need to make it up with added fat on the side. I have been using marrow fat. Otherwise I get really hungry. I was hoping that I could adapt to lower fat, but I just got too hungry and too tired.

It has also been extremely cold lately. So that is probably another reason that I need the extra added fat. I've also noticed that some of these new fish that I tried, which I believe are pompano and skate wing, are not a good value because they are so lean.

So I think I am going to continue getting just the fatty fish mostly, such as mackerel, sanma, Greenland halibut, eel. All of these have plenty of fat and come with nutritious skin.

I do like mussels and squid, and they are economical, so I will get those too. But I need to remember to eat added marrow fat on the side!

I have been bringing roast lamb for my lunches, however I only have a few months left of lamb. So I will need to figure out something to bring for my lunches at work when I go thoroughly to a seafood-based carnivore diet.

I have thought I might bring some dried fish. I have not heard back from the online company that I emailed to ask them if there were any spices or other additives. I am going to the Asian market again this weekend so maybe I'll just pick up something to try. Then I can bring some marrow fat on the side. Another option is to bring a can of cod-liver, but it could be kind of messy to eat at my desk, and may stink up the office. So I think dry fish is a better option.

My cat is still on the zero carb diet. He is doing very well. I think I may have been over feeding him though. So I am cutting back to two cans per day rather than three. He also gets dried anchovy snacks too. So far so good!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts