Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Huh! I Can Drink Broth?!

I used to have gut issues when I would drink bone broth. However, lately I have been drinking the cooking juices leftover from my lamb roasts and lamb organ meats, and so far so good! I am not adding any salt, which I think maybe had been the problem. I am also refrigerating it and removing the fat, which I am saving in the freezer in case I feel like making lamb rillette or confit.

This broth is a welcome addition to my diet! In these frigid winter days, it is kind of nice to have something hot to drink besides just hot water. Plus, I was otherwise just throwing the juices away.

I am thinking more about switching to more fish, though, because I really love it and it makes me feel great. What is also nice about fish is that I can get it locally at the Asian grocery store, without having to ask friends for rides to travel an hour or two hours to meet up with my lamb farmers. But, all the variety of the lamb cuts and organ meats is really nice in addition to fish. So I might still want to do both!

Speaking of broth, my zero carb cat really loves the broth that comes with his Tiki After Dark food. I had run out and gave him a can of their Luau range, but it doesn't have the broth, and he was not pleased! That is his favorite part and he drinks it all up first before even eating the food! He's looking so much healthier and slimmer now. Although it is costing me a lot more, I am glad I have switched him to zero carb too!

##




Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts