Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Calorie Restriction and Food Quality

I wrote the other day about how much food quality matters. It especially matters when practicing calorie restriction! I follow about 20% calorie restriction from baseline, according to the calorie restriction calculator. I do that for general health and maintaining a low bodyfat percentage.

So that means when I eat some good fatty lamb or mackerel, that I am really only having a few bites, a few times a day. And that's it! No seasonings, no snacks, no drinks, nothing else. My entire diet for the day comes down to a few bites! So it is important to me not only that those few bites are extremely nutrient-dense, but also that they are really delicious!

That is why I really hate eating out. Because when I eat out, the meat is too lean and tasteless. They often try to make up with quantity instead of quality, or cover up the tastelessness with sauces and seasonings. I understand why obesity is so epidemic!

Also, it becomes apparent to me very quickly when I eat something inflammatory, since there is so little to my diet. I can easily pinpoint the problem food!

For example, the other day when I had pork. My gut often takes three full days afterward to recover from eating something that causes inflammation. And sure enough, I am still recovering today from eating pork on Friday at lunchtime. That is why it is absolutely not worth it for me to ever consider "cheating." Why pay the price for three full days afterward, for just one brief moment of pleasure? Not worth it!

So lesson learned. I need to stick with what works for me. The highest quality fatty red meat or coldwater fish, or lean meat or fish with beef marrow fat on the side. That's it. Simple formula!

##



Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts