Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Carnivory and a Holistic Life

Zero Carb Keto

Carnivory and a Holistic Life


I decided to put together a carnivore party. I was thinking I would grill some steaks, scallops, chicken hearts, sweetbreads, and ground lamb. I will also serve pork cracklins, boiled quail eggs, homemade beefheart jerky, homemade liver pate, and roasted marrow bones. And I will also offer a sampling of fine waters and salts! (I will relax my plastic-free mission for one day in order to buy these meats.)

Unfortunately there are not many to share it with, as my other friends are vegan!

I was thinking more about my dream of a self-sufficient little homestead. I really want to make this dream come true. I really feel like it needs to happen! It feels like the only way to a healthy, holistic life, where my livelihood is in harmony with my lifestyle!

I am disheartened that I cannot seem to find a property within walking distance of a town that is affordable enough to buy in cash. I guess I could revisit the idea of living farther out in the country and getting some kind of self-sufficient transportation, such as a pony or a bicycle.

Maybe I should start with a bicycle? I have not ever really used one since I was a child, and even then not much! I have always preferred my feet for transportation.

Looks like the average bicycling commuting speed is 11 miles per hour (mph). Jogging/running is about 6 mph. Walking is 3 mph. Horses walk at 4 mph, and trot at 8 mph.

I found one property out in the country which is about 4 miles to a very small town. I could commute there by bicycle in 20 minutes. That's not too bad, actually. That property already has fencing, a barn, and a well. So that could work!


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts