Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Nutritious, Sustainable Carnivory

Zero Carb Keto

Nutritious, Sustainable Carnivory

I have been trying to be plastic-free since February. I have really been very successful! Here's a recap of some of  the things I have done:

-The Keeper 100% natural rubber menstrual cup instead of disposable products
-eyeglasses instead of contact lenses
-washing soda for hair instead of shampoo
-locally made bar soap wrapped in paper instead of body wash or hand soap
-diluted vinegar (in glass bottle) for household cleaning, available in bulk at a local market
-stopped dyeing my hair altogether, although previously I was using henna and indigo in bulk from a local market
-switching to 100% natural fiber clothing and linens to avoid microplastics from entering the water cycle
-sWheat cat litter in paper bags
-compostable BioBags when purchasing fresh meat and fish
-ordering 100% grassfed canned beef shipped only in a cardboard box
-Artisana coconut oil (glass jar with paper seal) for moisturizer, hand lotion, face cream
-paper towels and toilet tissue wrapped in paper instead of plastic

It has been a bit difficult to find 100% natural fiber clothing. I have had some luck buying used designer clothes for work made of silk or wool. For casual wear, I saw that "Life Is Good" has some 100% cotton items. However, the fit is very baggy and one shirt I was gifted got a hole in it after just one washing! Rawganique.com sells some natural fiber clothing, but it too looks pretty baggy and unflattering and seems to have some complaints about the workmanship.

Instead, I have been considering Indian silk or cotton tunics and churidar (slim pants) like this https://www.fabindia.com/categories/women-clothing-salwars-churidars--patialas-churidars/cid-CU00294694.aspx, or Vietnamese modern ao dai (like this http://heavenaodai.com/m145/ ) if they are available in 100% natural fibers. I think those are so much more flattering!

Also I mentioned a few days ago that I had some nutrient testing done on the urging of a friend, and everything was good except vitamin C which showed as zero! So I have had to make one compromise there for plastic, and started purchasing some turkey liver which comes in plastic tubs. The tubs are recyclable, but plastic recycling is not truly ever recycling, but downcycling. So I might buy fresh mussels instead and have them put in compostable BioBags. That should round out my vitamin C if eaten regularly, and my biotin too! Then I will do a follow-up vitamin C test in a month or so. Wish me luck!



Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts