Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: A Wholly Healthful Life

Zero Carb Keto

A Wholly Healthful Life


I am so happy that I have removed plastics from my life. I feel so much better, I cannot even explain it. I feel that my skin breathes better with natural fiber clothing, with 100% pure coconut oil as moisturizer, and locally made goat milk soap instead of chemical, scented, commercial stuff. 

My eyes feel better with just eyeglasses instead of plastic contact lenses. My feet breathe better with natural leather shoes.

My hair seems shinier and healthier and smells better with just simple washing soda instead of commercial products. I have decided to stop dyeing my hair with henna and am just going to it grow out naturally.

I sleep so much better with natural fiber linens and a simple locally made 100% cotton mattress. 

My textiles smell and feel better being washed with just washing soda instead of chemical products.

I have also been trying to reduce my use of electronics too. Although I am obligated to use a computer all day at work, I do not use a cell phone. And at home, I have reduced my computer use to just a little before and after work, and that is all. I do not read news or any social media besides a few fellow carnivores, that allows to be much happier.

I am making my own entertainment rather than resorting to watching videos or movies or listening to music electronically. I purchased a beautiful pearwood recorder and am enjoying playing that in the evenings. I would also like to get a clavichord or virginal or spinet harpsichord, but they are expensive. 

I am making an effort to get outside and walk for 20 minutes every day. Yesterday was beautiful, with new green on the trees, a cacophony of birdsongs, and bluebells in the undergrowth along the creek. So beautiful!

And of course, eating a simple, strictly meat diet has allowed for my optimal health. I feel that I have reset my body. And the more I learn, I understand that grassfed ruminant herds are the best way to preserve the earth and feed the world.

I feel like I am living a lot lighter on the earth now, not producing any garbage, composting, and trying to reduce my use of vehicles (and not using air travel). I have signed up for 100% renewable energy from my utility company too. It cost just about $6 more a month, which is not that bad! 

My next steps are to be able to live a more simple life, where I can work fewer hours, doing real, tangible work in which I can take direct pride. I would like to raise sheep, but I just do not think I have enough cash available (and I want to remain totally debt-free!). However, it might be possible to at least get a small house with a lawn, to be able to spend more time outside, which would be a step in the right direction!

But I feel like I have really made some great positive changes in my life, and feel much better and happier!





Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts