Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Full Nutrition

Zero Carb Keto

Full Nutrition

Since finding that I had zero bloom serum vitamin C levels, (although I don't know if my tissues levels are sufficient, that is a totally different thing and there is no easily available test for that), I have decided to get back to eating offal again. I really enjoy offal, more than muscle meat actually! I had only discontinued it because I am trying to live plastic-free.

However, the last few days I have decided compromise on the plastic-free part in order to make sure I get full nutrition. I am disappointed that society has deemed it that fresh meats must be packaged in plastic. There is so much wrong with plastic!

For one, humankind is tearing into the earth for petroleum with which to make plastic. This ruins the topsoil, destroys habitats, causes sinkholes and oil spills, and is not renewable. There are environmental and human health detriments during the manufacture of plastics. Then there are the hormonal effects of wearing plastics and eating foods and water stored and cooked in plastics. 

Then, finally, is the huge problem with disposal of plastics, because they do not biodegrade. All the plastics we use just pile up, and pile up more, and get moved around, but are not ever going to biodegrade. 

So I really want to do my part and not use plastics (or petroleum, as much as possible!). But how to do that and keep full nutrition, while maintaining zero carb / carnivore? I just cannot find a way to get offal that is not in plastic.

Some people would say to start eating fruits or vegetables for vitamin C. But I am leery of going off of carnivory, since it has brought me such good health for my gut, excellent health parameters all around, regular easy menses, great energy levels, very low bodyfat, good solid focus, great sleep. I feel like maybe by eating fruits and vegetables perhaps my vitamin C level would go up (or perhaps not, since my body does not process them very well!), but in every other parameter, my health would be much worse. I do not want to go back to the days of constant gut pain and having to visit the bathroom ten to twenty times a day!

So maybe this is the only alternative for now, until I can find another way to get full nutrition that is not using plastic. If I was a hunter, there is a local deer processor who said they would work with me on packing my meat in paper (not plastic lined paper) if I wanted. But I am not a hunter, unfortunately! 

I found one brand of canned clams that claims to have 10% of daily vitamin C. I could try ordering that (it was on Amazon). However, the canned beef I use says it contains vitamin C as well. If that is true, eating it regularly should be providing me with enough vitamin C. I wish there was a way to test my tissue levels rather than just blood levels, to know for sure!

I could go back to eating eggs for biotin, but they do not totally agree with me. It is too bad that canned liver pate always has onion and garlic in it, otherwise I would like that option for biotin and vitamin A instead of eggs! Small amounts of biotin are also in shellfish. So I could spend the money and just get fresh clams once a week, for vitamin C and biotin, and have them put in my BioBags? Boiled mussels have biotin (7ug per 100g) as well. They have a small amount of vitamin C (6g per 100g). They are much cheaper than clams!



Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts