Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Socializing with Carnivory?

Zero Carb Keto

Socializing with Carnivory?


First I wanted to mention that I looked at a potential small town homestead property yesterday, but it had foundation problems. I think I will need to give up on my dream of self-sufficiency. I just cannot afford the property needed, at least not with cash. And I refuse to take on debt!

So, that leaves me with trying to live zero carb and zero waste in a society that is the total antithesis to them both!

One thing I think that would help me cope is to be able to socialize with other like minded people. When I recently read about the Clinical Open Days at Palemedicina in Hungary, I was so excited to see that they served food that I could eat! And they consider it normal and healthy! So great! I will definitely try to attend the next one they host!
https://mobile.twitter.com/KetoCarnivore/status/981982067406852096/photo/1

I have thought about opening a carnivore cafe as a business idea. I have never worked in the food industry, but I have friends that are in it. I could give them the startup capital and they could run it. But the town is very vegetarian focused, so I am worried that it would probably not do well and might even be targeted for vandalism or protests.

I really like the idea of being to socialize with other like minded people. How do I find them? Would it only be once a year in Hungary? Maybe eventually the carnivory idea will become as mainstream as veganism and it will be easier to meet others. But till then, how to socialize? I am finding it really tiresome to try and socialize when everyone is centered on stuffing themselves with carbs, or talking about cooking carby foods. It is just so pervasive and ostracizing!

Maybe I need to just not be apologetic about it? I could host carnivory parties where people would know everything served will be carnivore-friendly. Vegans do that, unabashedly. Why not us carnivores? We could have a grill going with beef, lamb, and seafoods. Serve various fine waters and sparkling water. Offer an assortment of salts to try on dishes. Finger foods such as pork cracklins and rinds, hard-boiled quail eggs. That sounds fun!


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts