Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: More Zero Carb, Less Keto

Zero Carb Keto

More Zero Carb, Less Keto

It has been over two years that I have been strict carnivore, and nine years off and on altogether! More recently I have decided that what works best for me is to worry less about macros and eating fat, but concentrating on good healthy meat.

When I decided to go plastic-free in February, I stopped taking glucose and ketone readings because the strips and lancets are plastic. So I do not even know for sure that I am still in ketosis, although it feels like I am because I do not really get all that hungry.

Also since going plastic-free, I have been eating canned grassfed beef primarily (which does contain some fat), and weekly fresh fish from the meat/fish counter (carried out in compostable BioBags). According to my nutrition tracker, my fat intake has gone down from 75% of calories to 50%. 

I feel great, and my digestion has been very regular and good. So I do not think I really need all that extra fat! It was always tricky to come up with enough fat anyway. I would need to add marrow bones since I do not handle dairy fats well. Grassfed marrow bones are hard to get and expensive! So this new 50/50 fat/protein calorie ratio is much easier to maintain! 

I also feel better with the added protein. I feel more energetic and stronger. I can also enjoy larger portions. When eating the higher fat intake, my portions had to be very small since they were so calorie dense! And I felt weaker generally.

I had some nutrient blood tests drawn over the weekend to make sure I am maintaining adequate nutrition. I will share my results when I get them! The nutrition tracker shows I should be getting what I need, but it will be nice to confirm.



Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts