Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Fat to Protein Ratio Does Matter!

Keto Carnivory

Fat to Protein Ratio Does Matter


Since I gave up salt a few months ago, it seemed to clear up a few problems I was having with diarrhea and foot cramps. I thought maybe I didn't need to worry about fat to protein ratio anymore!

I have been eating a much higher protein amount, not trying to stay within the ketogenic ratio at all.

Well last night I was awakened by a gnarly calf cramp.  It happened the other day too.  Also I have gained a few pounds, despite maintaining the same calorie intake! That is surprising and interesting.

It seems the ratio really does matter.  I am going to return to watching my ratio and eating enough fat!

I will go back to focusing on 100% grassfed lamb and mutton, cod liver, a few fatty beef cuts like oxtail, tongue, brisket with fat cap, and fatty wild-caught fish with skin: mackerel, Pacific saury, salmon, Greenland halibut.

I was getting a little bored with lamb roasts, so I had been eating more organ meats. But they are very lean. I need to remember to add fat when I eat them! I reserve the cod liver oil from my canned Icelandic cod liver. I could drizzle some of that on them, maybe? Or have a small spoonful? But oil has a terrible tendency to go down my windpipe. Marrow fat really works best as a side fat for me.

Also, I had an idea about using up some of all this gourmet pork which I ordered, but is still so high in omega 6 fatty acids that it makes me feel a little unwell. Maybe if I also have wild-caught fish on the same day, the omega 3 in the fish will help offset the omega 6 in the pork!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts