Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Marrow Bones for Side Fat

Keto Carnivory

Marrow Bones for Side Fat

I decided I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and order grassfed marrow bones online. They are terribly expensive, but no other side fats work for me for lean meats. 

Dairy fat doesn't work for me at all, aggravating my gut, and causing keratosis pilaris and terrible depression.

Pork or poultry fat cause me to feel ill. They are inflammatory, being too high in omega 6 fatty acids. They also cause me to have high triglycerides and increase my normally very low blood pressure.

Plant oils make me feel ill and go down my windpipe, cod liver oil too.

Tallow is too waxy and unpalatable as a solid, and again when I melt it to a liquid, it goes down my windpipe.

I tried coconut butter and cocoa butter, and they bothered my gut pretty terribly too.

So if I want to eat lean meats or fish, the only side fat which really works for me is marrow fat!

I will place an order today and get some 100% grassfed marrow bones. Then I'll be set to get through the winter! I now have a good amount of frozen lamb, a few fatty cuts of beef, some fatty seafood, and plenty of cans of Icelandic cod liver. Also a good amount of lean cuts: lamb organs, and some mussels. So in order to be able to eat those lean cuts, I need those marrow bones!

##




Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts