Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Maybe Fat to Protein Ratio Doesn't Matter?

Keto Carnivory

Maybe Fat to Protein Ratio Doesn't Matter?

The last week I have had a hankering for seafood, specifically shellfish and crustaceans. I've had crab legs, lobster tail, and jumbo shrimp (all wild-caught). These are all pretty lean in terms of fat to protein ratio. I ate them with no added fats whatsoever and also no salt. And I was happily surprised to find that I did not get any foot cramps! Normally when I eat too lean, I get foot cramps. But I wonder if that was because I had been eating salt? Now that I am no longer eating salt, I really am having no issues at all!

I am surprised, and this whole time I have been carnivore, over two and half years now, I have been pretty careful about keeping a high fat to protein ratio because I hate being awakened in the middle of the night by gnarly foot cramps. But seemingly, maybe the fat to protein ratio doesn't matter at all! Maybe it was just important for me to not eat salt!

If this is true, that fat to protein ratio doesn't matter when you don't eat added salt, this makes things a lot easier. I don't have to try and seek out grassfed lamb and mutton as I had been, in the quest for fattier meats. Instead I could just buy grassfed beef! Which is much easier to come by.

I do enjoy the fattier cuts, because they are more succulent and not so dry. But this does open a lot more possibilities. Especially eating seafood, which I love!

Today I am meeting a farmer for some grassfed lamb and goat organ meats. I do enjoy organ meats for variety as well as seafood!

In other news, my zero-carb cat has officially lost one pound so far, in about two months of zero-carbing! So that's great. He is doing much better on the Tiki After Dark series wet food. He looks a lot slimmer all over, he doesn't vomit hardly as often, his coat is shiny and has no more dandruff, and his stools are much better. Also I like that the food comes in a broth which he enjoys greatly. That means he is getting more liquid intake, which is healthy too!

##






Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts