Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: No Salt Needed, Followup on Zero Carb Cat

Keto Carnivory

No Salt Needed, Followup on Zero Carb Cat

It's been almost two months now since I stopped using salt on my meat! I feel great! I have had no more diarrhea or foot cramps. So I think it was the salt! According to a National Geographic article, 90% of sea salt has microplastics in it. I don't know if the plastics were the problem I was having with it, or I just didn't need all those extra minerals. Whatever the reason, it has been great to feel so much better and not worry about diarrhea! I had really been having a lot of problems, and I couldn't quite sort it out. I thought maybe it was because I was eating my leftover fatty meat unheated, but I have been doing that lately and having no problems. I also have made a point of not wearing any kind of constrictive clothing: no jeans, tight leggings or tights, belts. That has definitely helped quite a bit. I didn't realize how much a constriction around one's waist or lower torso can affect gut pain!

I have decided to stick mainly with 100% grassfed and grass-finished lamb and mutton, a few fatty cuts of grassfed beef such as oxtail and tongue, and their organ meats for variety, and occasionally some wild-caught fatty fish like Atlantic mackerel with skin, Pacific saury with skin, and Greenland halibut with skin.

I had ordered a lot of gourmet mangalitsa pork and acorn-fed pork, but I did not feel very well after eating them. I just think pork and poultry are too high in inflammatory omega 6 fatty acids. Eggs too. So I am going to avoid them.

I also have been strictly avoiding dairy of all kinds, including butter and ghee.  I have tried A2 casein, goat dairy, sheep dairy, etc. It all bothers my gut, causes weight gain, aggravates my keratosis pilaris (bumpy skin), and also seems to affect my brain too. For me, terrible depression. All good reasons to avoid it!

In other news, I had transitioned my cat to zero carb as well! About a month and a half ago, I switched him over to Tiki brand "After Dark" canned food, which is just shredded chicken, chicken organ meats, chicken cooking juices, quail egg, tuna oil, and vitamins and minerals. Nothing else! He has already slimmed down considerably, his coat is much more shiny, he no longer has dandruff, he does not vomit hardly at all now, and his stool is better now too. Amazing what a difference! 

##


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts