Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Marrow Fat is Perfect!

I received one of my orders of marrow bones yesterday and roasted up a few. It's been quite some months since I had them. Oh I love marrow fat! It's such a perfect fat. Creamy, mild, non-inflammatory, chock full of nutrition. Just wonderful!

I had some of the marrow fat alongside some steamed mussels. What a delicious, simple, but highly nutritious dinner! I loved it!

So although the 100% grassfed marrow bones are expensive, they are worth it. I feel like that really opens up more variety in meats and fish, since I can have leaner cuts and just add the marrow fat on the side.

Plus there are important nutrients and micronutrients in marrow fat that we can't get in any other form. It is a totally different kind of fat than visceral, subcutaneous, or inter/intramuscular fats. Marrow fat is the lowest in saturated fats and highest in omega 3 fatty acids of all of the animal fats. It is very creamy, palatable, mild, and easily digested.

Can't wait to have more mussels and marrow fat for lunch today! I enjoyed some cold leftover marrow fat this morning alongside a few thin slices of cold brisket that was too lean on its own. So great! Otherwise I would have just thrown out the too-lean meat. The marrow fat is a lifesaver!

##



Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts