Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: More Stocking Up for Winter

Keto Carnivory

More Stocking Up for Winter

I have been stocking up my meat freezer to get me through the winter. I can't just run to the grocery store and find good, fatty, grassfed meat. So normally I buy whole shares of local grassfed lamb and mutton.

I recently purchased two whole local 100% grassfed and finished lamb shares, although a friend bought half of one of these. I still have a few roasts left of the whole sheep share I purchased too.

I also recently received some Mangalitsa and acorn-fed Iberico pork which I ordered online, mostly pigs feet and pork belly. Once I get through all that, I will likely only get some wild boar from time to time, since I discovered that even acorn-fed pork is still quite inflammatory and unhealthy, and wild boar is the least inflammatory choice, although even boar is still too high in omega 6's (see my previous post on omega 6 fatty acids in poultry and pork).

Tomorrow I am happy to be picking up some 100% grass-fed and finished fatty beef from a great local farmer. His beef is exceptional in that it is gorgeously fatty for being 100% grass finished. I will be getting some oxtail (and I still have a few packs from another grassfed local farmer as well), a tongue, a big 8-lb fatty brisket, and a few organ meats for variety (kidney and heart). 

I have some wild-caught Norwegian mackerel fillets from the Asian grocery store as well. 

So hopefully all of that can get me through the winter till the Spring lambs are available. I can also pick up more wild-caught mackerel, Pacific saury (sanma) and Greenland halibut at the local Asian grocery store if I need some more variety. Hopefully all that gets me through until more whole lamb shares are available in the Spring!

##



Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts