Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Simplicity

One thing I really like about zero carb keto is the simplicity of it. Meals are so easy to prepare! I do not have to plan out a week in advance. I just pull something out of the freezer, let it thaw in the refrigerator for a day or two, then cook it in the crockpot (slow-cooker) or toaster oven, with nothing else needed. So simple! Then just store in the refrigerator, cut off pieces and eat cold, or reheat in the toaster oven. Just add some sea salt, and that is all!

Or eggs, just hard-boil them and keep them in the refrigerator. Peel and eat with some sea salt!

So wonderfully simple. I really like that. And there is so little waste! Just some egg shells, small amount of bones, and skin and membrane from organ meats. Really not much waste at all!

Also I like that there is really no need for chopping or much food prep at all. For jerky, there is slicing, and for sweetbreads, there is parboiling and tearing into pieces. But otherwise, nothing else really needs any food prep!

When I order a whole lamb share, I like that I am using as much of the entire animal as possible, including all the organ meats allowed by law. (Here in the USA, brain and lungs are not allowed). I also have found that by ordering roasts instead of steaks, there is much less waste or trimming made into ground meat. I like that as well! I definitely prefer nice fatty roasts to ground meat!

It is simple to serve a cold spread for guests as well, including slices of roast beef or lamb and some hard boiled eggs, with some varieties of sea salt to try, and some various types of mineral waters! Again, really simple and easy!


Ground grassfed mutton with sea salt




Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts