Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Still Tweaking a Lower Protein Intake

Since reading "Keto for Cancer," and also in response to watching Dr Ron Rosedale's lectures about too much protein intake, I have been trying to adjust my protein intake to be lower, and my fat intake to be higher.

The last few days I have been experimenting with just two meat meals, with my third meal of the day being just fat. But it feels a little strange to just eat a spoonful of fat for dinner!

Another option would be to still do three meat meals, but the portions of the meat would need to very small, then have extra fat on the side. I might experiment with that, but I do not think it will work. It is just too easy to go over 40-50g protein per day when eating three meals of meat!

I picked up my third whole lamb share on Saturday. This one was very small, and unfortunately, very lean, as well. So I will definitely have to eat extra fat on the side!

So far, the best side fat I have found is beef marrow. I had experimented with dairy fat, but dairy fats just do not work for me. I wish they did, because they are so much easier to get!

I also have experimented with solid coconut cream (also called coconut manna), which I found very palatable and surprisingly did not seem to cause me any gut issues. However, I am not sure if it was causing some dry patches on my eyelids. So I am going without for a few days to see if that helps. The coconut cream is very affordable and is available at my local grocery store, so that definitely makes it easier to get than marrow. It is not as nutrient dense as marrow, and is not locally raised, which I try to get, but it could still work.

I really would prefer to not have to eat fat on the side at all, and just concentrate on really amazing fatty cuts like these lamb ribs below!

Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt




Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts