Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Splurges

From time to time, I have little splurges and treat myself on top of my regular three fatty meat meals.

One splurge which has become my favorite is lamb or beef heart jerky. After thawing out the heart, I then use a long Victorinox slicing knife to cut very thin slices of the meat. I actually leave the fat on, too. Then I put them in my dehydrator, sprinkle with my favorite sea salt, and run it overnight.

These little morsels are so amazingly tasty! They are like candy for zero carbers! It is pure protein, so that is one reason I leave the fat on it, to help balance that out. But it is very, very nutrient dense, including being an excellent source of coenzyme Q10, B12, and minerals.

Another splurge that I really enjoy is lamb liver. I just roast it whole in the toaster oven until the juices start to run clear. Then I refrigerate it and snack on cold slices. So remarkably succulent, mild, and incredibly nutrient dense, with B vitamins, retinol, copper, and selenium!

Some other delicacies which I enjoy are lamb kidneys. I parboil them, then roast them lightly in the toaster oven again till the juices run clear. Incredibly nutrient dense, with very high amounts of B2, B12, copper, iron, and selenium. Lamb fries (testes) are also very mild and tender, and a very rich source of B vitamins and selenium. I parboil them, remove the skin, then cut into slices and roast in the toaster oven until juices run clear.

Lamb tongue is a tiny little treat, which I cook overnight in an empty crock pot along with a roast or with a beef tongue. When cooled, remove the skin, and enjoy!

Also, from time to time, I might have a very, very small shot of pure vodka (just 10g or so).

Oh the jerky...I just ate it all! So good!

Grassfed lamb heart jerky with sea salt




Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts