Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Fat Options

I have been seeking out some options for fatty cuts. My local farmers can provide lamb, but only certain times of year. They have beef tongue fairly often. If I am lucky, I can find a brisket or a loin with a fat cap on it, or a nice fatty oxtail. More rare are marrow bones and sweetbreads.

Sometimes there is no fatty option and I have to make do with lean cuts. But I want to keep my ketones up and my glucose down!

I had been buying marrow bones online, but it so expensive and they are hard to get.

Dairy does not work for me, not even raw, A2 casein, ghee or cream, unfortunately.

So the other day I gave in and tried some plant fat. I got some coconut cream that had no additives (which is hard to find!). I have had it for two days now. So far so good on my gut, knock on wood!

I was even able to find it when out travelling to see the eclipse yesterday! A local health food shop had some turkey slices with no additives (again hard to find!) and the same brand of coconut cream. So that was great! It seems to be working well for my ketones too!

One other option I have been exploring is ordering specialty meat cuts online that have the fat cap. I would rather support my local farmers, if possible though!

Grassfed veal ribeye with sea salt


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts