Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

The Importance of Water

When doing zero carb, all you drink is water.

So the water should be good quality! Ideally, spring water from a good source, which will have some trace minerals.

If you can find spring water that comes in glass bottles, even better! Because plastic bottles can leach toxins into the water.

Sometimes I enjoy sparkling water too. If you can find naturally carbonated, that is better.

I've noticed some brands are higher in minerals than others, and actually can be too high! On zero carb keto, the minerals and vitamins in the food are so easily assimilated, that you don't need the high amounts in the RDAs, which are calculated according to much lower bio-availability of nutrients. I notice in particular that I have to be careful about not taking in too much calcium, or I get headaches.

I do not ever make bone broth because it causes me gut issues and sometimes headaches as well.

So just water is it! I have considered signing up with a water delivery service actually, so I can have a high quality, easy source of spring water. It is even delivered in glass too!

I think it makes a big difference to have good quality water. When my water is not as good, I do not drink enough of it, I notice! And the right amount of water is important for electrolyte balance. So I think I will do the delivery service!

Grassfed beef sweetbreads with sea salt flakes






Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts