Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Skin Health

The skin is an organ. We often forget about it, but it is crucial to our health! And often when something is wrong, it will show up first in our skin.

I remember having terrible acne cysts in my adolescence. So embarrassing and painful! Now, I look back and wonder, was it because I was eating foods that were inflammatory, and I just didn't know?

And about eight years ago is when I noticed I had some vitiligo patches. Now, looking back, I think I can attribute them to the continuous use of oral contraceptives, and possibly hair dye (including henna). So again, the skin gave an alert that something was wrong!

And again recently, I experimented with eating dairy in the form of 100% grassfed, A2 casein, cream. Everything I had read told me that A2 casein dairy should be fine. But, my old condition of keratosis pilaris came back aggressively, and that confirmed that dairy caused inflammation for me.

So I have been keeping watch on my skin, making sure I notice any signs such as these that I need to make some adjustments! I have replaced all toiletries with ones without phenols as well, even naturally occurring phenols. Now, the soaps that I found do have goat milk in them, and I am a little concerned about the dairy. But so far, so good. I'll keep looking for something without dairy.

And I've been using a narrowband UVB lamp for treatment of my small vitiligo patches as well as trying to increase my vitamin D levels since I live in an area where we can't get enough through sunshine.

Good healthy fats seem to be helping too!

Grassfed beef tongue with sea salt flakes




Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts