Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Whole Body Health

I follow a restricted calorie, zero carb ketogenic diet for many reasons. One of the main reasons is because I had colitis, and the best treatment for that has been to follow a simple meat and water diet. If I follow it strictly, my digestion is great and I feel really healthy all over!

I also follow it for whole body health. I maintain a 14-15% bodyfat, which is quite low for a 45-yr-old female. It feels great though! I practice 30 minutes of ballet barre exercise daily and try to take urban hikes daily as well.

I also do daily narrowband UVB treatments to ensure good vitamin D levels and to treat my small patches of vitiligo (which are repigmenting!).

I take Dead Sea salt baths from time to time as well for added nutrient intake (the skin is an important organ for nutrient intake, I have found!).

I have removed phenols from my diet and my toiletries and gone off all medications and supplements, and avoid dairy as well as pork and poultry, all of which I find to be inflammatory.

In addition, since I do not have a doctor, I have taken responsibility for my own health and order regular blood tests and do regular testing at home for blood pressure, blood glucose, ketones, thyroid, complete blood count, heart scan, trivascular testing, cholesterol, vitamin D, ESR, CRP, etc. Everything is in the excellent/"athlete" range except LDL, which is high because I have familial hypercholesterolemia. However I am working on that too. I have a theory that regular blood turnaround through donation/release of old blood may help! I'll report back on that as I experiment more.

I have just ordered an osteocalcin test to check for bone health since I have many risk factors including being perimenopausal female, Caucasian, and "under"weight. I'll report those results when I get them!

The one last piece of whole body health, that I haven't been able to do yet, is to have more freedom, instead of being stuck inside an office eight hours a day. I'm working on a plan!

Grassfed ground veal with sea salt


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts