Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Options for Fat, Venturing to Coconut?

I have been mentioning how hard it has been to find fatty cuts! Lamb meat was working great for me, but then all of my local farmers ran out of lamb. So I bought some veal, but it is really too lean on its own. I ordered bone marrow online, and that helped, but it is extremely expensive and hard to get!

Yesterday I did some more research to try and find some more options for fat, since most keto-ers' go-to fat of dairy does not work with my gut and causes keratosis pilaris in my skin.

I found that in Brazilian markets you can find a beef cut called "picanha" which is super fatty and looks great! So I went to two ethnic markets yesterday, but they were not Brazilian markets, and unfortunately they did not have it.

I decided to give in and try eating some plant matter. I know many therapeutic keto-ers use coconut oil. However, I don't really like it. I do like coconut cream, however! So I searched high and low for coconut cream that did not have guar gums or other gums in it.

I finally found one! It has just coconut as the only ingredient. I tried some yesterday, and ended up kind of gorging on it because it was really tasty. So far so good for my gut, knock on wood! I did get a very slight headache, which doesn't surprise me. Any time I eat items that have some calcium in them (and this has naturally occurring calcium), I get a slight headache. I don't know why. But it went away immediately, so that is good!

If this works for me, it is cheap, easy to find, delicious, and was great for my blood glucose and ketones! So that's great! Although with this it is not actually zero carb, but it was only 2.8g carbs for the day, which isn't too bad!

Grassfed strip steak with sea salt




Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts