Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Trust in Myself

Most of the time it seems that the supposed nutrition authorities really don't have the facts right. And what they are telling people to do is actually making things much, much worse.

For example, the low-fat guidelines. Since the authorities rolled out the idea that fat is bad, and that low-fat is best and "heart-healthy", now we have in obesity epidemic!

They tell you to eat tons of servings of "healthy whole grains" and "fruits and vegetables". Meanwhile, diabetes has become rampant!

I think modern people have a knee-jerk reaction to do whatever the doctor says. Blindly taking the prescriptions that doctors inevitably prescribe at every visit. Without ever stopping to think, am I making myself into nothing more than a cash cow for the doctor and the pharmaceutical/medical complex? Why is it that the first (and only) response to anything is to write a prescription for a pharmaceutical?

I believe we need to trust in ourselves. Our bodies are actually designed pretty well for the lifestyle and foods that are natural for us, if we just follow it.

I'm even starting to think this way about optometry too. I feel like after they can first convince you to start wearing glasses, it puts you on a downward spiral of needing stronger and stronger "prescriptions" rather than actually finding the source of the problem or ever actually correcting it.

As for me, I am going to trust in myself.

Grassfed veal ribeye with beef marrow and sea salt


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts