Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Health and Exercise

I had my workplace health screening yesterday morning. They check total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides, glucose, weight, height, BMI, pulse, and blood pressure. Although my LDL was so high as to actually be off the meter, everything else was excellent. They said "Just keep doing whatever you are doing!"

It was nice to get some unexpected positive reinforcement from the medical community. I did not expect that!

I do not have a doctor, and I take no medications or even supplements. I really do not put much faith in "modern medicine", which to me seems like nothing more than a facade for the medical-pharmaceutical industrial complex. In fact, a few years ago, when I tried to start up with a doctor, she actually "fired" me because I would not take statins! Incredible.

Another thing I was contemplating yesterday is just how hard it is to exercise. I expect many other people have small living quarters like I do. It is hard to have room inside to do any kind of bodyweight exercise. I do ballet barre exercise every morning, but it is a tight fit. Occasionally I hurt myself because I am trying to do high kicks in too small a space! And I do not even try to do any work away from the barre. There is just no room. And between weather and safety, some of us do not have the option of exercising outside, or the money or transportation needed to join a gym or studio.

It can be frustrating!

I definitely enjoy the feeling of a good ballet workout, and I am appreciating the muscle definition that I have gained by doing it (along with calorie restriction) for the last two years. So even though I can only work at the barre, it is still a very worthwhile thirty minute session every morning!

I am getting down to the last few bites of beef marrow in my pantry. I am hoping to get more lamb soon. In the meantime, I will try to get more beef tongue and brisket, which should not need any extra fat on the side!

Grassfed veal steak with beef marrow and sea salt


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts