Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

My Fatty Cut Hookup

I had experimented the last few days with coconut cream since I was running out of bone marrow to have on the side of too-lean cuts. However, as I might have guessed, the coconut ended up bothering my gut, even though it had no added gums, which most do. It really seemed to affect me in some strange ways. Probably for one because it had a few carbs in it. Then there's the fructans and fiber and other indigestible items within all plant matter.  So no more of that!

However, I was able to meet up with my fatty cuts hookup, a local farmer specializing in grassfed beef. I was able to get some beef tongue, sweetbreads, and a decently fatty brisket too! So that's great!

I had previously tried stopping at a health food store chain for some fatty cuts like sirloin and short ribs, but they are unfortunately all gristle and not fat. I couldn't tell from the counter display! Which is really too bad, because they were expensive. I really have not had any luck with grocery stores for meat. Just buying directly from farmers!

Hopefully the good cuts that I did get can tide me over until my whole lamb share is processed next month!

Grassfed sirloin steak with beef marrow and sea salt




Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts