Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Being a Healthy Homo Sapiens

I listened to an excellent podcast yesterday hosted by Shawn Baker and Zach Bitter with the guest Jake Steiner:
http://humanperformanceoutliers.libsyn.com/episode-67-jake-steiner

The guest talked about how eyeglasses actually weaken your eyesight and just cause the need for higher and higher prescriptions over time. That is definitely backed up by my own experience. He said what you need to do is actually allow your eyes to focus blurry objects in the distance. Over time, (at about -.5 diopter per 6 months), this strengthens your eyesight and you can actually get back to normal uncorrected vision.

I had heard this before, and I actually had gone on eBay and purchased some lower diopter eyeglasses so that I could gradually lower my prescription. I already had requested my optometrist go much further down that he wanted to prescribe me. He had originally prescribed me -5.25! After spending a small fortune on contact lenses and eyeglasses, I told him that prescription just did not work for me, and asked for -4. So I finally did get that and have been wearing those for about 6 months or so, I think.

But yesterday I pulled out the -3.5 glasses and tried them. It was difficult, for sure! I had trouble reading subtitles on a movie and recognizing the different character's faces. But I think this is worth the effort, so that in three years maybe I could not have to wear corrective lenses at all!

They mentioned in the show about how strange it is that Western medicine is all about weakening the person and making them rely on prescriptions (and follow the money there!). It is not at all about actually correcting the underlying issues. For example, with diabetes, or heart diseases, or obesity. The "gold standard" is not to tell people to cut carbs, but actually to eat 180g carbs per day and take "prescriptions".

This episode of that podcast was related to the history of why we have the vegan agenda everywhere now, and the vilification of red meat, which is actually the most nutritious, healthiest, most sustainable, and most ethical option:
http://humanperformanceoutliers.libsyn.com/episode-61-belinda-fettke

And this episode talked with a 100% grassfed cattle rancher about the ethics of raising cattle and the health, nutrition, and environmental sustainability of red meat:
http://humanperformanceoutliers.libsyn.com/episode-66-jay-bart-simmons

The rancher talked about healing his own health issues with a carnivore diet, which was great to hear. I certainly have found the same in my own experience. I have freed myself from all prescriptions (except the eyeglasses, which I am working on!) and supplements. My blood and health parameters now at age 47, are better than they have ever been before in my life, even in my 20s as a vegan. I feel and look better than ever before in my life as well. It is nice to know that just by eating as we are designed to eat, we can live simply and healthily.

##





Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts