Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Excellent Digestion on Piscivore Diet

I have been on the piscivore (seafood-based carnivore) diet for two weeks now. It feels great! My digestion has been the best ever. And I thought it was good on a lamb-based carnivore diet! This is better still. 

My digestion of course vastly improved when I went to strict carnivore, and got rid of all plant matter in my diet. I faced no more gut pain and IBS. Then over time, I also found that some other foods were inflammatory such as pork, poultry, eggs, and dairy (including butter and ghee). So then my digestion and overall health improved even more when switching to an entirely lamb/mutton and beef-based carnivore diet with absolutely no dairy, and marrow fat for any needed side fat.

I have always really enjoyed seafood and started really craving it lately. So about two weeks ago I switched to a seafood-based carnivore diet, which is a piscivore diet. And now my digestion feels even better still! No more heavy feeling or burping after meals!

In terms of packing lunches for work, I have been pre-cooking some salmon fillets and bringing those on ice. I eat them cold so as to not create fish smell in the office. It works great! I might also bring shrimp or scallops, packed with some marrow fat.

In order to keep mercury low, I am going to get only wild-caught mollusks, small crustaceans, salmon, and catfish. That should keep my mercury levels below what the EPA cautions, even though all of my meals are seafood.

I did some blood testing the other day to check my overall health and also to get a baseline mercury level too. Hopefully I'll get those results soon and will share them!

##


Comments

  1. I'm starting now the carnivore diet so I have many doubts. I am pariculary interested in the fish option.
    How did you get along with the piscivore experience?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts