Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Piscivore Working Best!

I wanted to follow up on what to bring for packed lunches when following on a piscivore (seafood-based carnivore) diet!

First I had tried to bring dried pollock from the Asian grocery store with some marrow fat on the side. That worked great, since it's pretty shelf stable and not messy at all. However, I don't know if it is farmed or wild-caught, and I'd like to focus on good wild-caught seafood.

So then I tried bringing cans of Icelandic cod liver, but that is messy because of the oil in which it is packed, and the oil was a little smelly in the office.

Yesterday I tried bringing a small piece of swordfish steak with some marrow fat on the side. I packed it on ice for my bus commute, and ate it cold at lunch so it wouldn't smell up the office. That worked great! So that's definitely what I'll do. Just pack on ice some swordfish, salmon, shrimp, or maybe some other good wild-caught finfish steak. That with a little marrow fat is great, satisfying, and nutritious lunch!

I also did a little experiment on meat versus fish. When you eat something and your weight increases a little, but otherwise your calories were the same, then that is one sign that you are retaining water and your food is slightly inflammatory or not as easily digestible. I noticed that when eating lamb for lunch instead of seafood, my weight went up a little. Also I felt a little heavier in the gut, with a little burping too. So I think in order of best digestibility for me, it goes 1) seafood, 2) lamb/mutton, 3) beef. Pork, poultry, dairy, and eggs, all are no good. And of course absolutely last would be plant matter!

##


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts