Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: What Will I Eat for Spring? Piscivore?

So I took stock of my winter lamb freezer meat. I have a few week's worth of roasts, shanks, and a little stew meat. But that's it! I have put in a request for some beef organ and offal meat from my favorite local 100% grassfed beef rancher, so hopefully I can pick those up soon.

I don't think any more whole lamb shares will be available for a few months. So I guess I will plan on going back to my piscivore (seafood-based carnivore) diet, buying wild-caught, low-mercury seafood from my local health food market. I will get clams, mussels, scallops, shrimp, crayfish and catfish (if they have them), and salmon. Those are all low-mercury and will be nice to have again. I really like them!

I still have some good grass-finished beef marrow bones for extra fat on the side of the leaner seafood. Those may tide me over for a few weeks, then I'll need to reorder. I wish I could find a locally available alternative for a good side fat. But it is important to me to have very high quality marrow fat, 100% grassfed and grass finished, and I can't really find that locally.

I was looking into moving to the big city soon, but I may have to use a piscivore diet up there as well, since I cannot find any grass-finished beef or lamb ranchers that deliver up that way!

In other news, my cat has adapted well to his new variety packs of zero-carb Tiki wet food. I just had to give him some of his usual food alongside the new food. Then he went at it with gusto! I think he really likes the new foods. It seems to be all that is on his mind lately!

##



Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts