Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Seafood Shopping!

I am looking forward to going seafood shopping today! I decided that I will shop at the local health food market, since their items are clearly labeled as to country of origin and wild-caught or farmed. The Asian grocery store, where I had been shopping, had too many unlabeled items. Also I know pollution is high in China and some other countries. So I think it is better to get seafood from the USA or Mexico rather than Asia.

I am also excited to focus on low-mercury seafood, which is mainly mollusks, small crustaceans, and salmon. Also catfish and tilapia, but those are hard to find wild-caught. I found a place online in Louisiana that sells wild-caught Gulf of Mexico shrimp and crawfish, but with the shipping and packing materials it is too expensive. So I think the local health food store is the best option.

I was running out of seafood yesterday and had to use some of my prior mackerel I had purchased from the Asian store. It is salted, and I haven't been using salt since last October. It tasted soooo salty to me! And my stomach was making a lot of noise digesting it. So I am eager to get more plain unsalted seafood!

Also, in a day or two the zero-carb variety packs of wet food should arrive for my cat! I hope he is excited to have more variety. I think he will be! He really likes the zero carb food. He loves the broth!

##


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts