Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Seafood Variety Pack for Humans

I have really been enjoying transitioning to a seafood-based ketogenic carnivore diet! Previously I had been eating mainly lamb and mutton, and all their organ and offal meats. And it is delicious and fatty and wonderful! However, I just feel fantastic when I eat seafood. My digestion feels lighter, my mood feels lighter, just everything feels better!

So I have been transitioning to a seafood-based diet this last week. Two of my three meals per day were seafood, while I finished up some precooked lamb roast for my lunches at work.

Starting yesterday, I have started to do fully seafood-based, including my lunches. I feel great! I picked up some dried pollock to have with marrow fat for my lunches, since that won't have fish smell in the office. Another idea I had was shrimp or squid, since they don't really have a smell. I saw jellyfish at the Asian store, too, I imagine that probably doesn't have a smell. I have never tried it though! Another option might be to bring cooked fish such as mackerel or salmon, and just eat it cold. It shouldn't smell if I eat it cold.

I have ordered some more marrow fat, since much of the seafood I am picking up is not fatty enough on its own, such as mussels, clams, squid, and prawns. I did pick up some nice fatty mackerel and sanma. Today I am trying beltfish for the first time. Like skate wing, it needs broiling rather than baking otherwise it gets mushy. I don't think I'll get it again.

I really like shellfish, crustaceans, squid, octopus, and cuttlefish, and fatty coldwater fish. I just don't really enjoy the lean tropical fishes very much. I may need to start shopping somewhere else besides the Asian grocery store, since a lot of their fish are tropical and temperate.

I also decided to get some more variety for my zero carb cat! He has been eating Tiki brand "After Dark" series with chicken and quail egg. They have other options in the "After Dark" series, with chicken and other meats. So I'll try that variety pack. I'm also going to try their "Luau" variety pack. Those are all fish, and similarly have zero carbs. But they have added sunflower oil rather than tuna oil (which is strange and I've emailed the company asking why). However, even with the sunflower oil, I still think it is healthy to use them to give him some more variety.

I am going to call around my other local grocery stores to see what wild-caught seafood they regularly stock, and the prices! The marrow fat that I ordered is from the new vendor that I found that uses 100% grassfed Piedmontese cattle, and the marrow fat tastes like sweet cream butter. It's so good!

##








Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts