Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Stocking Up on Lamb Again!

After researching more about mercury levels in foods, and finding that my own blood mercury level was twice what is considered healthy, I have decided to give up on piscivore (seafood-based carnivore) and go back to mostly lamb and mutton.

I checked in with one of favorite local 100% grassfed lamb ranchers, and they have lamb for me! So I'll be getting 35 lbs to stock up for the Spring! And sometime this week I will be picking up some beef organ meats too. So I'll have some variety!

I am happy to get back to lamb. I was feeling a little exhausted on just the seafood. Although, I was looking back over my journal, and it could have also been juniper tree allergy. According to pollen.com, juniper is starting to have pollen again, and I have pretty severe tree allergies discovered in a thorough pinprick test I had done two years ago. My eyes burn and I feel kind of a general fatigue. So it could have been that and not necessarily the seafood!

I have been enjoying making jerky out of lean lamb roasts that aren't fatty enough to slow cook. I just use a good Victorinox slicing knife, making as thin slices as possible, and then put them in my food dehydrator for 12 hours. I do not use salt or anything else. I leave the fat on the slices too. I store the pieces in the freezer for extra crispiness. Mmm mm! Heart meat works best, since it is very dense and easy to slice thinly, and is a real burst of flavor! But these roasts are working pretty well too.

##


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts