Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Piscivore Diet!

I finally figured out what you call a carnivore diet that is seafood-based! Piscivore:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piscivore

"Humans can live on fish-based diets as can their carnivorous domesticated pets, such as dogs and cats."

Not only can I live on a fish-based diet, but I feel like I am thriving on it! My digestion feels so wonderful! My digestion was already very good on the lamb/mutton carnivore diet, but it is even better now on the seafood-based diet! 

The only thing that concerns me a bit is the potential for mercury or other pollutants. I have decided to get my fish from the local health food market rather than the Asian grocery store. That way I can have a better idea of the country of origin, and whether it is farmed or wild-caught. I am somewhat leery of fish coming from Asia since pollution there is high, and if I am eating nothing but fish, pollutants could potentially add up quickly!

So today I am planning on picking up a good mix of seafood at the health food market. I also ordered and received more marrow bones from my preferred vendor online so that I have good nutritious fat to eat on the side of lean fish! With that order I also bought some of their wild-caught Patagonian shrimp. Oh goodness!! They are so good! Expensive, but what the heck. Life is short! I need to live a little!

This coming week will start my cat on his more varied zero carb diet as well! He has been eating Tiki "After Dark" series chicken with quail egg for about three months. He is really thriving on it as well. He has lost all of his paunch and is looking great. I am going to branch out this week to get him the other combos in the "After Dark" series, which include pork, lamb, and duck. Also I am getting him the "Luau" series variety pack, which includes various seafoods. These are all zero carb. They only contain meat or fish, tuna oil or sunflower oil, and vitamin supplements. I'm so pleased with them!

I have been giving more thought on what to do for packing lunch for work. The last few days I just packed some cans of cod liver, but it is messy because of the oil, and I think people can smell it too. I noticed someone sprayed perfume all through the hallway after I had tossed my oily paper towels in the trash there. Could have been a coincidence, but probably not. So Plan B is bringing salmon or shrimp on ice and eating it cold at work.

Also, I have been giving some thought to what I will do when we move to a new workplace next year and my commute will be longer. I will either need to pack both lunch and dinner, or my dinner will be an hour later and a bit too close to bedtime for my liking. So I may just pack both lunch and dinner.

The other part of that problem was feeding the cat when I have such a long work day away from home. I didn't want him to have to go 12 hours with no food. So I am considering getting him some freeze-dried chicken pieces and putting them in an adjustable size automatic feeder that I have. But, the problem with that feeder, and all feeders, is that he can hack them. Then he binges and purges. So I don't think that will work so well. He may just have to wait 12 hours. And me too!

##






Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts