Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Pescetarian Carnivore Oh Yeah!

I am feeling so great having gone to fully seafood-based carnivore diet! It's amazing. I am loving it!

My digestion is so good! And my mood! I feel so light and happy! And my focus is great too, all day!

And this is weird, but I had this strange, kind of heavy / stretched feeling in my eyelids before, but that has gone away too for the days I have been 100% seafood based! I feel very energetic, physical. I want to run and jump and play! It is great to feel that way again!

I am working out the details of how to do fully pescetarian carnivore on a long-term basis. I am torn on whether I want to continue seafood shopping at the Asian grocery store. Much of their fish is not labelled at all, so I must assume it is farmed, which I don't want. They do have some things which are labelled wild-caught that I like, such as cuttlefish, squid, mussels, and clams. Just most of their finfish is farmed or unlabelled. And their delicious, delicious prawns are unlabelled, unfortunately.

But there is also my local health food market, which is walking distance. They have a decent amount of wild-caught seafood and even a fresh fish counter, which is nice. And although most of their seafood is lean (besides salmon), I can just plan on eating marrow fat at most meals, or canned Icelandic cod liver for fat too. I like that their seafood is labelled with whether it is wild-caught or farmed, and sometimes with the country of origin too.

For packed lunches, I am still figuring that out. Packing fatty lamb was so easy! It doesn't even need refrigeration! But fish is more perishable. My first plan was to splurge and buy the pricey dried pollock from the Asian store. That is more shelf stable, and is unsalted too. But it is not marked if it is wild-caught or not, so I must assume it is farmed. I think instead I will bring a cooked salmon fillet, or some shrimp or squid with marrow fat, packed with an ice pack. I have a little insulated lunch bag that holds an ice pack. It's a lot more weight and bulk in my bag though, than my prior little lamb hunk in a bit of beeswax cloth wrap! But it is worth it to feel so fantastic! And I'll keep an eye out. Maybe there is some kind of dried fish out there that is wild-caught and not salted or seasoned.

I also need to look for some freeze dried chicken or fish for my zero carb cat to have as a midday meal while I am at work! Or, I may consider moving to a condo downtown. Then I could actually go home at lunch! That solves both me packing a lunch and the cat's midday meal as well!

##


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts