Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Bring On The Fatty Meat!

Zero Carb Keto

Bring On The Fatty Meat!

I have really been enjoying eating higher fat. I am still not even as high fat as I had been, but I am getting better! I had gotten down to just 50% fat 50% protein when trying to be plastic-free and eating canned grassfed beef, which was lean. But I have given up on the plastic-free mission and am back to buying local meats. Now I am at 65% fat / 35 % protein. 

It also feels great to know the farmer personally for years (a decade!), to have visited the farm in person, to see the animals and the land. It makes me feel much more connected. And that is as good as it can get without either raising or hunting the animals myself!

I am really looking forward to my next order of meat! I plan on getting some organ meats, if they have them. I really enjoy chicken hearts, gizzards, and liver, although they are lean. Maybe I can eat them alongside some fattier meats!

Local heritage pastured pork meatballs




Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts