Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Neo-Amish-Shakerism? And More Plastic-Free Living

Zero Carb Keto

Neo-Amish-Shakerism? And More Plastic-Free Living

I was chatting with a like-minded friend the other evening about my homesteading dream, and how I am living plastic-free and avoiding media, don't have a cell phone or car, etc. My friend said we should start an intentional community, something like neo-Amish or neo-Shakers. I bet there would be other people who would be interested!

I am really trying to reduce my computer usage at home. I have dropped most internet surfing. I am trying to limit it to just one hour per day. That leaves soooo much free time! It is actually hard to fill the time when one does not watch TV or movies!

I have re-taken up music again to fill the time. I purchased a beautiful pearwood recorder and a nice selection of solo and duet books, since another friend is quite a good recorder player. I also play classical guitar, mostly Renaissance music, and I am eagerly awaiting my first set of real gut strings to continue my plastic-free mission! I also play the shruti, which is kind of like a predecessor to a synthesizer:
http://www.buyraagini.com/maharaja-shruti-box-teak-wood-13-notes-sur-peti-abc/
And I play kalimbas:
http://www.mid-east.com/Percussion/Kalimbas/DOBANI-17-Key-Kalimba-Mahogany
And even after playing all of those after work, I still have more time to fill! So I do some reading. I also want to find a nice non-plastic pen to continue studying Arabic script writing!

This afternoon I will look at three houses in another town where I am hoping I might be able to do my urban homesteading plan. We'll see how it goes!

In continuing my plastic-free mission, I ordered real horn eyeglasses. They should arrive today or Monday! And the 100% silk Vietnamese ao dai outfits will be arriving soon, hopefully. One is already on its way to me but will have to go through customs, which always takes a while. I am also ordering a 100% natural fiber bra with no elastic. That should complete my 100% natural fiber wardrobe!

There are just a few more items which I am seeking out. I would like to get a 100% natural fiber toothbrush. And a natural fiber rug for when first entering the house. And finally, a bamboo computer keyboard and mouse for work. Then I should be all set!

I have been searching out more options for meat that are not in plastic. I found some Russian canned lamb and mutton, but it has a little pepper and bay leaf, which hopefully would not upset my gut. I am tempted to try it just for a little variety, since now I am pretty much only eating the canned grassfed beef from a rancher in a neighboring state!


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts