Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: The Troubles Finding Plastic-Free Meat

Zero Carb Keto

The Troubles Finding Plastic-Free Meat

I have been striving to be plastic-free and zero waste since February. I made so many changes! I switched out "disposable" menstrual products for the 100% natural rubber The Keeper menstrual cup. I switched out contact lenses for eyeglasses. I switched out paper towels and toilet tissue wrapped in plastic for those wrapped in paper instead. I switched to handmade bar soap wrapped in paper instead of body wash and hand soap. I switched to coconut oil instead of deodorant, moisturizer, face and hand lotion. I have been using washing soda for my hair instead of shampoo. I stopped using any cosmetics altogether and also stopped dyeing my hair, even with natural henna and indigo.

I switched out my cat's litter to one that comes in a cardboard box instead of a plastic bag. I replaced my coverlets with 100% natural fibers, which was a very positive change as I sleep much more comfortably now. I even phased out my tired old plastic broom, brush, and dustpan, for beautiful handmade natural corn broom and brush and steel dustpan.

I have started switching out my clothes to be 100% natural fibers too, mainly silk or wool. 

But the hardest thing was switching out my delicious local grassfed lamb and beef for canned meat. I was able to find canned 100% grassfed beef raised just in the neighboring state and it is delicious. But it is lean, and I am really starting to crave fattier meat. 

I found some canned corned mutton, and tried that. It's OK, definitely much fattier which is good. Today I should receive some canned lamb which has a little pepper and bay leaf. I'm hoping that will be OK for my gut. Ordinarily I only use salt and no other spices. 

But I am still really starting to crave cutting into a real piece of meat! And having organ meats! I think I may have to relax a bit on the plastic-free mission and buy some local lamb and beef again.

I'm considering going back to using a little eyeliner again, and am considering going back to using henna and indigo on my hair again too. I might wear contacts again too, if I had decent vision with them. So here and there I may be caving in to plastic!



Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts